Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Manually added contacts query

Explorer | Level 4

Hi All,

I have a dropbox personal account

When logging in online and going into settings > General

I notice there are no manually added contacts, however when I hover the mouse curser above the information button at the side of Manually added contacts, a little info bar pops up stating I have 4 contacts. (The mouse curser doesn't actually appear in the screenshot I've supplied but the info bar pop up does).

I have no memory of adding any contacts and don't believe I ever did. It's not showing them, so where in my account do I find these mysterious contacts?  

DBoxDBox

Thanks for any help in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Manually added contacts query

Super User II
Super User II

Those would be contacts you entered while sharing a file or folder. There's no place in your account to view them, other than when entering a name while sharing a folder (as you start typing, matching contacts would pre-populate the field).

There is no contact management within Dropbox other than clearing them all.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Those would be contacts you entered while sharing a file or folder. There's no place in your account to view them, other than when entering a name while sharing a folder (as you start typing, matching contacts would pre-populate the field).

There is no contact management within Dropbox other than clearing them all.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Rich,

I did as you suggested, went through the alphabet and found the 4 contacts. Much appreciated. 

I very rarely use my online account. I have no memory at all of sharing files this way. What I usually do is go into the dropbox folder on my PC desktop, right click the folder or file, copy the dropbox link then paste it into an email to whomever I wish to share with.

Could it be that maybe I imported my google contacts or my samsung contacts from my mobile phone to dropbox one particular time and that's how they got there? (Without directly sharing any files to them?)

Also, could I have accidentally shared the enter contents of my dropbox with these contacts? Or is this not possible, instead it's just narrowed down an individual file or folder thats shared?

I have hardly ever logged in online so I'm just getting familiar with it now.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?