cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing referral space

Highlighted

Missing referral space

Explorer | Level 3

The last 2 referrals I've had are simply showing up as "Completed" instead of awarding the space. I do not have 16GB of extra space rewarded through referrals (only 12GB), and I have not had 32 referrals (only 24 + 4 pending). Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

12 Replies 12
Highlighted

Re: Missing referral space

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @samdiaz, thanks for messaging the Community!

It does sound like you're already at the maximum limit of 32 completed referrals if you're not getting any additional space.

Could you forward a screenshot showing the quota on your account from this page?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Think there is nothing wrong.

500mb x 24 = 12 GB?
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Could you forward a screenshot showing the total quota on your account? Thanks!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@pReStRo Correct. Except the last 2 don't give me the space and instead just say "completed" 🤷🏻‍♂️

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Jay How can I send these to you?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

To look into this further, would it be possible to contact you at the email associated with your forum profile? Thanks!

Jay

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I hope I'm not hijacking, but I'm having the same issue.  Thanks, Ray IMG_1033.pngIMG_1032.pngIMG_1031.pngIMG_1029.pngIMG_1028.pngIMG_1027.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @RayR, according to your total quota, you have 29.13 GB on your account. It looks like you do have 32 referrals, by calculating in reverse by removing your free coupons.

29.13 - 2 GB (free quota) - 1 (promo) - 1 (mailbox) - 3 (Samsung) - 0.25 (getting started on mobile) - 5 (camera uploads) - 0.625 (simple tasks) - 0.25 getting started).

This is approximately 16 GB left (rounded up), which is equal to 500 MB x 32 referrals. Most likely the site wasn't able to load all the referrals in that list.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you.  That explanation makes sense.  

However, it seems disingenuous that the site (which can accurately track my progress even though it can't accurately display my progress) continues to encourage me to refer friends to earn extra space.  I'm out there pushing Dropbox to whoever will listen so I can earn my last few referrals when I'm actually out of opportunities.  Dropbox got a little extra uncompensated work out of me by not being able to load all of my referrals.  

@Jay thanks again for the explanation.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?