cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile Authenticator not working

Mobile Authenticator not working

Daniel J.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Using 2-step verification, I've recently tried switching from receiving texts to using the mobile authenticator. However, the latter is not working.
I'm getting 'invalid' code when i try to input the code generated. How is this possible?
Is there no other way to use 2-step authenticator without having to resort to texts?

78 Replies 78

Dale W.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I recently switched to a different phone .When i reloaded app to new phone and register with my  Google account and passwords none of my pictures are there. 

It's like i just opened New account. How do i retrieve my lost photos ? 

Mary Anne B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My email address has changed, how do I change it in DropBox?

Otto B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

In the Help Center it says "As a last resort, you can sign in using your password and the emergency backup codes given to you when you first turned on two-step verification.".

Unfortunately I did not get any mail with such a code and can not access the old phone-number any more and can not login or have any installed clients!

Is there anything I can do?

Tom H.
Super User
Go to solution

Otto,

You don't receive an email with the code, the code is generated and displayed on your screen during the setup process. You needed to print it out during the setup process.

I don't expect much hope, I am sorry to say. You can contact support and ask for potential solutions. I would only expect you to move everything to a new account.

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Juan Jose F.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Me robaron mi Notebook con acceso a Dropbox y toda la información. La puedo borrar en forma remota. Tengo la cuenta classic

Kellie D.2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

How do I export my photos from one email address to a new one please. 

Kellie D.2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Forgot password on old phone and had to register new fone with a different email address

Gilson F.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Preciso de ajuda??

Natalia C.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

hola, necesito ayuda. He eliminado un Gmail y me he olvidado antes de hacerlo de bajar mis archivos del Dropbox a un pen drive, y realmente ha pasado tiempo y ya no recuerdo la contraseña y era una cuenta vinculada a otro móvil que ya no tengo. Como puedo hacer para recuperarla? Probé todos los medios y no se si tiene que ver con que el Gmail ya no existe. Gracias.

Anselma S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hola. No consigo acceder a mis fotos dado que cambie de teléfono y no se sincronizaba con mis archivos antiguos, elimine de mi computadora el acceso directo de dropbox, y al reeinstalar en la computadora e instalar en mi nuevo teléfono, no aparecieron mis fotos antiguas, solo aparecen las nuevas fotos. 

Que puedo hacer para volver a esas fotos antiguas. mi email [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines]

Need more support?