Hi, set up 2F on several dropbox accounts with the authenticator app. Did not set up mobile. Phone reset, no code, no text.... Managed to save 1 account through trust this computer. How do I prove and to whom I own the other accounts to unlock them or if not authorized I delete them :(? Thanks
You cant Philippe.
You set up 2F security to stop people doing exactly that. You cannot now circumvent that security.
- - - -
Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below.
Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!
Two questions -
I'd like to remove dropbox from my iphone. When I try to delete the icon, a question pops up which asks whether I want to delete all data. I just want to confirm that if I delete dropbox from my iphone, my dropbox on my other devices will remain intact.
Also, I want to protect against losing my iphone, and not having access to my security code (two step process). The instructions provide that I would need my emergency back-up code. If I don't have that code, how can I reset it?
I am continuously receiving Authentication SMS to my mobile phone even though I am not trying to log into my dropbox. During the past 24 hours it is more than 300 SMS and new are still coming. How to contact dropbox for technical/security help?
If you don't have access to your backup codes nor have access to your phone I'm afraid there is no way to gain access to your account. The system is setup so that the codes are a backup to you losing your phone. Otherwise you should be able to use your phone to gain entry into your account.
As for uninstalling the iOS app, this should have no impact on your account. Just uninstall the app as you would a normal iOS app.
You should contact support directly here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
hello some oen help my email acc aasociated to my dropbox is bloqued and dropbox now needs me to change to a new pasword but i cant get to mi email account need help i need it urgently
Hi, I am currently signed into a Dropbox account with my current e-mail address, however, I had an account previously under the same name which I started when I first got my phone. The phone set up included giving me an email account and Dropbox account (I think the email was g-mail) and then a few months later, the phone had Samsung sudden death syndrome and had to go back to the factory. It came back empty of all my photos. Since then I have once managed to find my Dropbox (with photos and videos of my dog who died from cancer) but lately I have tried again and cannot locate it as it keeps asking me the email address it is linked to and I don't actually know it. Is there anything I can do - contact Admin etc. to get access to those photos and maybe get them transferred into my new dropbox account???
I'm afraid if you don't know which email address was on the account, there is no way for us to recover the files. I would recommend trying to sign into different email address you have to see if you were signed into a Dropbox account under that address. You can reset your Dropbox password if needed here:
So, the solution was to set the correct Date/Time/Timezone again on my old mobile phone (with the installed Authenticator) - and the generated code for the 2-Step was accepted. Phew!
as so many others I am currently unable to access my dropbox (my primary PRO-Account - firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I bought a new mobile phone, but forgot first to deactivate the 2-step-authentication (via Authenticator app) and to reactivate it on my new device.
- My mobile phone number has remained the same, though.
- In the meantime my home computer with the Dropbox app "died". The hard disc doesn't work anymore and I simply cannot get the computer to start.
- Today at work I reactivated my old mobile phone (with the active Authenticator app) to sign into my Dropbox-Account via the website. I used my email-adress, my password and a code generated by the app, but I always get an error message: UNVALID CODE.
- I tried that several times but always got the same error.
- Unfortunately I am at work and I cannot access / use the special-emergency-back up code - because it is only documented on a screenshot I took - on my home computer which I cannot start...
- I tried to sign in a last time and requested a SMS to my mobile phone number (which has not changed), but again I got an error: Not possible to send SMS.
Can you please help me to recover my Pro-Account? I need it for my work. Thank you.
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.