cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Authenticator not working

Mobile Authenticator not working

Daniel J.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Using 2-step verification, I've recently tried switching from receiving texts to using the mobile authenticator. However, the latter is not working.
I'm getting 'invalid' code when i try to input the code generated. How is this possible?
Is there no other way to use 2-step authenticator without having to resort to texts?

78 Replies 78

Adonai B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I forgot my password. By following the 'standard' care of dropbox he informs that sent 'instructions' to my email.

However, my account outlook and a friend reported that the dropbox does not send e-mail to that account.

I tried uninstalling the system and install a new one, but always appears the problem of password ... I send many e-mails, I sought help and so far nothing.

I want to share the dropbox with another friend to exchange files.

I hope to help me.

-----------------------------------

Esqueci minha senha. Ao seguir o 'padrão' de atendimento do dropbox ele informa que enviou 'instruções' para meu e-mail.

No entanto, minha conta é outlook e um amigo informou que o dropbox não envia e-mail para essa conta.

Tentei desinstalar o sistema e instalar um novo, mas sempre aparece o problema da senha... já envie diversos e-mail's, busquei ajuda e até agora nada.

Eu quero compartilhar o dropbox com mais um amigo para troca de arquivos.

Espero que me ajudem.

Scansione C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi, l have my email provider (excite.it) no longer active, thus I cannot enter my dropbox account to change enail and password.

Any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

many thanks

luc

Rosana B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Boa tarde, preciso de ajuda!

fiz um backp no meu celular e foram apagado todos os arquivos. salvei minhas fotos no Dropbox, e não lembro mais do email e nem da senha. preciso muuiito recuperar minhas fotos e vídeos, o que faço??? preciso de ajuda!!

Desde já; Obrigada!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you do not remember your email address or password, or no longer have access to your email account, then you likely cannot gain access to the Dropbox account associated with that email. The email address is used as proof of ownership for your account. If you do not have it, there's no way to proving that the account is yours.

You can try contacting Support but they may not be able to assist you in this matter.

Sinclair L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a problem with the Authenticator as well. My old iPhone 6 initially had the Authenticator app but I accidentally did a phone reset and the App is gone.

I still remember my email and password for both Dropbox and Gmail. I tried linking the same email to the new Authenticator app on the same iPhone 6 and whenever I enter the code, Dropbox will pop up "invalid code".

Any help with this? The main question I would like to ask is that if I still have access to the same email account that I want to log into, shouldn't I be allowed to regain access even if I re-download the Authenticator app? Thanks alot.

Best

Sinclair

Susan H.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had an account under this user name on my last phone and I received gmail from you all. When I got this phone it acknowledged that my user name was shunt2192 instead. So therefore I don't have a gmail address for my dropbox. I've had this dropbox for several years and just realized pictures of my grandkids r   in it. My problem is I don't know my password and I don't have a gmail address to send a new one. Also I no longer know my 2 step code or back up. Can u please help me? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Without access to the email account I'm afraid the account is none recoverable (and thats even without losing the 16 digit code AND your 2 step set up). 

Without all three it is totally and utterly lost I'm afraid. There is no way of getting it back.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ryan R.26
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I Lost my phone and i don't have my security key for my Dropbox account for the email [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines] , i can do anything in terms of security if you could just turn off the two step verification so i can set it up on my new phone. easiest way of doing so is sending an email to [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines] for an account reset if that is posssible.

Alison R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

GRRRR. Just got a new computer. My PAID dropbox account is associated with an old email that I no longer have access to. How the heck to do login now without a password and an inactive email. Normally my computer could help recognize my account but since its new, Im out of luck. There is no simple button I can press anywhere to send a text message to my phone? Im so lost. This is a paid account and I have zero support. Not impressed.

cocochinos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It worked. Thanks for the tip.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    8923252 New member | Level 2
    ronosolo777 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?