cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money taken without permission or notification

Highlighted

Money taken without permission or notification

New member | Level 2

I had a Dropbox subscription for an year started in 2018. I used a friend's debit card for the payment. I did not unsubscribe from Dropbox I was busy. They did not send me any notification and tried to take money from my friends debit card and emailed me that payment has been failed. However Dropbox took money from my friends debit card on 1st September and dis not send me any notification or mail. This is very unprofessional and uncalled for. I tried reaching them and I got no response. I need Dropbox to pay my friend his money back and as soon as I can after that  I shall unsuscribe from this unprofessional service.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Money taken without permission or notification

New member | Level 2

This Issue was resovled and the money was reimbursed. Thanks team Dropbox

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @shehanasp4 - sorry to hear about this.

At first, could you let me know if you're able to log a ticket with our team through the following page?

https://www.dropbox.com/support

If your browser is acting up in any way when doing this, please clear your browser's cache and try again. If it persists, try another browser (preferably with no plugins or extensions running). 

When you get a ticket ID (a 7 digit number), please let me know here so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap. Note that I'm only suggesting this, since the best way to handle account specific or billing inquiries is through our Official Channels. 

Keep me posted please!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi ,

Thanks for the response. yes I got connected with Travis through the chat. It got resovled. As per our discussion, they money will be refunded with in a few business days.

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Glad to hear you managed to resolve your concern in the end @shehanasp4 and also looping me in - it's most appreciated.

If you ever come up with a Dropbox question, please don't hesitate to let us know; we're only a post away.

Have a lovely day 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

This Issue was resovled and the money was reimbursed. Thanks team Dropbox

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?