cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving beyond Basic 2 GB, but short of the ~$10/month fees

Moving beyond Basic 2 GB, but short of the ~$10/month fees

Clif Banner
New member | Level 2

I've run into the dreaded "your dropbox is full". and Upgrade for more space.  I enjoy the free 2 GB level and the system works well, but even if I delete stale or old files to share with my business associates, adding another monthly fee of $9.95 for a full TB seems a long way to go--my monthly subscriptions begin to build up (e.g., Adobe, subscription TV or streaming, YouTube, etc.), and it strains the budget.  

When I load files into the dropbox, their useful time of life is a week or two, and I can delete them.  However, Dropbox doesn't immediately recognize that I've released a few GB back to the server.  I have to exit and rejoin the link to be able to use that repatriated space.  

I was hoping someone had some ideas for a 5-10 GB plan that would only cost $10-$20/year.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Re: Moving beyond Basic 2 GB, but short of the ~$10/month fees

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Clif Banner, thanks for posting on the Community!

If you'd like to increase your quota, you can do so for free by following these steps on your account.

Regarding the deleted files, the changes could take a short amount of time to sync from the computer to the site. Deleting files from the site would be instant, however.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?