Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Fraudulent Attempts \ Purchases

Asheso80 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have just notice several fraudulent account purchas made from Dropbox.com on my credit card. Could someone contact me to discuss further. Thanks

8 Replies 8

Re: Multiple Fraudulent Attempts \ Purchases

Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

@Asheso80, I would contact Dropbox Support directly so they can get to your issue quicker.

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Super User II
Super User II

Actually, you need to contact your card company - thats nothing to do with Dropbox.... your card has been compromised so somebody is using/trying to use it for illegal purposes. You need your card re-issuing.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2
Thanks for the suggestion.

New member | Level 2
I’m well aware that’s my Credit Card Companies problem, like the support articles said. But what isn’t my credit cards problem is the monitoring & management of accounts thag have been created fraudulently.

Thanks for the help....

Super User II
Super User II

It would also be in your best interest to lookup the accounts that are linked to those charges. The lookup tool will indicate the email addresses linked to each charge.

In most cases, people learn that it's not a fradulent charge, but a trial or other subscription that they forgot to cancel in time.

Super User II
Super User II

Reporting it to your credit card would sort out all of the fraudlent transactions for you - as the card company would contact Dropbox. 

Dropbox has no way of knowing the card is a fraud unless the card company declines it. 

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LSDesignworks New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is there a tool that works the other way around - looking from email addresses ?

Google charged me a Business Upgrade for three years using my stored credit card information to auto-charge me. I wrote to them that there was no activity in that three years and they have no right to auto-renewal using a credit card information. They refused to refund me. I felt cheated by Google! 

Super User II
Super User II

Not sure if you mean Google Play for a Dropbox upgrade, or Google Drive, but both of them include in the joining T&C's that they are reoccuring subscriptions and you need to agree to them upon joining. 

I'm not aware of a one the other way around like you ask. But, if you know the email simply log on and go to www.dropbox.com/account to see its plan etc.

- - -

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?