cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Unauthorized Charges From Dropbox

Highlighted

Multiple Unauthorized Charges From Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I was charged $720 from dropbox. I asked for a refund of the amount and was given a refund. Two days later I have 2 unauthorized charges both for $720 on my account. Both with the same reference and both clearly show money has been taken from my account. 

I have emailed support about this and my bank. It's very clear that the money has been taken by Dropbox but I don't have a receipt or transaction number - only the number included on the bank statement. I have been charged $1440 in fees for nothing and dropbox support is refusing to address these payments. 

Why is this happening? It looks like many other people have had this same issue. $1440 is a lot of money. Please investigate this and offer me some support for this? So far the only option I've been given is to chargeback with my bank. That process takes a long time though and I would prefer to aviod it. It looks like a very basic issue unless Dropbox has some sort of bug or issue where it's charging people multiple times on a regular basis? This is bizzaire. Please help.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Multiple Unauthorized Charges From Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hey there @likelife12 - sorry to hear about this.

As account specific and especially billing inquries like this are best handled through our Official Channels (where we can discuss your account's specifics without jeopardizing exposing any of your personal information), I've found your existing ticket on our system and passed your comments on to the expert from our Payments team who's handling your case. Rest assured that they'll do their best to help.

I just wanted to add that refunds usually take 3 to 5 business days to be processed so your money might be in pending state which would explain what you described.

In any case, I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?