cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiple business accounts

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have two businesses that I am working with.  The second just sent me a setup link.  If I try set this account up will it do anything to the other account. I don't the accounts to  "merge".  They need to remain separate.

I also want my personal account separate from the others

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Multiple business accounts

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @aanderson007,

To keep your Dropbox accounts separate you will just need to have the accounts under different email addresses, as you can only have one account under a specific email.

If you already have an account under a Dropbox Business subscription then it wouldn’t be possible to send an invitation to the email address for that account. The new team inviting you would receive an error that the account is already part of a team, so no need to worry about those merging!

Should the invitation to join the business team have been sent to your personal account’s email address, upon clicking the link to go through joining the team you will be given 2 options; “move account” or “merge account”. Moving the account to another email will keep this separate, but this would only be a concern for you if the invite was sent to the email address your personal account is under. 

If the email address that received the invitation doesn't currently have a Dropbox account associated with it then you will simply be prompted to create a password for the new account. 

Hope this clarifies the matter for you - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @aanderson007,

To keep your Dropbox accounts separate you will just need to have the accounts under different email addresses, as you can only have one account under a specific email.

If you already have an account under a Dropbox Business subscription then it wouldn’t be possible to send an invitation to the email address for that account. The new team inviting you would receive an error that the account is already part of a team, so no need to worry about those merging!

Should the invitation to join the business team have been sent to your personal account’s email address, upon clicking the link to go through joining the team you will be given 2 options; “move account” or “merge account”. Moving the account to another email will keep this separate, but this would only be a concern for you if the invite was sent to the email address your personal account is under. 

If the email address that received the invitation doesn't currently have a Dropbox account associated with it then you will simply be prompted to create a password for the new account. 

Hope this clarifies the matter for you - Cheers!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you, after 30 years of selling technology, it is nice to get a response that is clear, concise and not jargon-loaded

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again @aanderson007,

I’m glad to hear this was helpful! Please don’t hesitate to let me know here if you have any other questions about this, I’m more than happy to help. 

Have a wonderful week ahead - Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?