cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple charges

Multiple charges

Lee17
New member | Level 2

I have been prompted to upgrade my account.  I therefore attempted to complete all the steps (including registering for a PayPal account I don't want) in order to upgrade the account.  My bank has now been charged 3 times for the same amount (with the same time stamp) and my account has still not been upgraded.  I can get the bank to reverse the charges but how do I actually upgrade without being charged 3 times again?

3 Replies 3

Re: Multiple charges

Lee17
New member | Level 2

I cant even raise a support ticket as my account is stuck on basic level (with no support).

Rich
Super User II

@Lee17 wrote:

I cant even raise a support ticket as my account is stuck on basic level (with no support).

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Lee17
New member | Level 2

Thanks but that doesn't help.  The support page offers chat bot, these forums' and that's about it.  No email support, phone number or chat to a human.  Even when not signed in.  It keeps prompting you to sign in etc.  I have contacted my bank and will dispute the transactions, cancel card and when I have the money back, I will delete my account.  Its one thing to over charge (3x overcharge for a free trial) but another to have no customer support at all.  Ill take my money to a business who actually supports their users.  Thanks for the advise though.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lee17 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?