cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users are receiving emails to download a file because it is about to expire

Multiple users are receiving emails to download a file because it is about to expire

r0nald
Explorer | Level 3

Hi All,

We got a complaint from a lot of users that they are getting email from no-reply@dropbox.com that hat my name on it to download a file that I never created because they never download it and it is about to expire.

1 Reply 1

Re: Multiple users are receiving emails to download a file because it is about to expire

Rich
Super User II

@r0nald wrote:

We got a complaint from a lot of users that they are getting email from no-reply@dropbox.com that hat my name on it to download a file that I never created because they never download it and it is about to expire.

It's likely a fake message, perhaps a phishing attempt. Many such attacks copy the look and feel of a real Dropbox email message, including spoofing the sender to appear as though it comes from Dropbox, in an attempt to get people to enter their Dropbox credentials. If your IT team digs into the email headers and mail logs, they'll probably see that it's not a legitimate message, nor sent by Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?