Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My 2FA toggle in my account's settings is greyed out on the website. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm trying to enable 2FA but all of my settings are greyed out. 2019-12-26 10_36_18-Dropbox.png

How do I enable the toggle for settings? There are a few settings throughout the various categories that are enabled but most of them are greyed out and clicking on them does nothing. I've tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome....

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Settings Greyed Out

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @techmattr - how are you today?

I'm sorry to ask but have you clicked on the toggle? 

I just tested it out on my Chrome browser and here's what I got:2fa_prompt.png

If you're not getting the same results, please try clearing your browser's cache or try another browser with no extensions or plugins running. 

Keep me posted in any case and welcome to our Community! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

As I mentioned I tried multiple browsers and when I click on it nothing happens.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick response @techmattr

May I reach out to your Dropbox associated email address to have a further look into this internally?

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I actually just got it to work. I had to bypass my GeoIP block in order to get all the functionality within the settings menu to work. So it appears a lot of the functionality within the settings is being served up from servers in China or Russia? I block China/Russia a bunch of stuff breaks. I unblock China/Russia it works. I can't say that makes me too comfortable.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm not aware of anything about this to be honest @techmattr. I'm glad you managed to find the culprit and resolve this matter though. 

If the conflict was due to a 3rd party app or service (the GeoIP block you mentioned) acting up, I'd suggest contacting them directly to ask for more information about this.

If there's anything else I can do from my end to help, please let me know as I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?