cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Business trial is ending. How can I downgrade back to the free, Basic plan?

Highlighted

My Business trial is ending. How can I downgrade back to the free, Basic plan?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, 

I tried the Dropbox Business Trial for a month, turned out we didn't need it. 

How can I go back to seeing the files I had before the trial when I had a free account, and go back to having a free account? 

I'd also like to again see the 'indicator' in the upper right corner that shows how much of the 2GB I have used. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My Business trial is ending. How can I downgrade back to the free, Basic plan?

Dropboxer

Hi there @BobGa, I hope you had a good weekend!

Once your trial expires, your account will be left in a decision state and become "locked".

You would have 2 choices here which is either to upgrade to Business or downgrade and revert back to your personal account. For the latter, you can check out the steps under "Disband the team" here.

Reverting back to a personal account should also show you the space used in your account like normal from your profile icon in the top right of you web page and Dropbox desktop icon.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: My Business trial is ending. How can I downgrade back to the free, Basic plan?

Dropboxer

Hi there @BobGa, I hope you had a good weekend!

Once your trial expires, your account will be left in a decision state and become "locked".

You would have 2 choices here which is either to upgrade to Business or downgrade and revert back to your personal account. For the latter, you can check out the steps under "Disband the team" here.

Reverting back to a personal account should also show you the space used in your account like normal from your profile icon in the top right of you web page and Dropbox desktop icon.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Daphne, that took care of it. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @BobGa!

If you need anything else, feel free to post here and give me a nudge. I'd be happy to help out.

Hope you have a great day!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?