cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox account got deleted and I don't know how

Highlighted

My Dropbox account got deleted and I don't know how

New member | Level 2

Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need. Somehow my account (Basic) has been deleted and I need documents from that account! (Writing here with a new one) I have not figured out how that could happen... However, it seems impossible to get in touch with Dropbox support. Does someone has some advice what to do? 

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: My Dropbox account got deleted and I don't know how

Dropboxer

Hey @Moritz4, I hope you're well today!

So I can have a better idea of what happened exactly here, can you let me know how you found out your account was deleted? Did you receive any emails or are you having trouble logging into your account?

If you're getting an error when trying to sign into your account, please send me a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info).

Also, when was the last time that you accessed your account?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have recieved an e-mail at 03:20 pm saying that my account has been deleted. Now I am desperatly trying to find a way to restore my data. I have read that dropbox saves data up to 30 days. Is there any possibility to access that data?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Moritz4.

If your account was inactive for 12 months then your account may have been closed due to inactivity. You can find out more info about this here.

Since the account was deleted then most likely we won't be able to assist in recovering the account, however I can suggest contacting out Support team to see if there's anything that we can do.

You can reach out to the team by filling in the "Submit a help request" from this page while signed out of your Dropbox account or through an incognito window.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help from here, but please do let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?