Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox account is telling me it's full when I cleared out a ton of files

WildMouse New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Just curious why I can't seem to clear out enough files so I can add more items into my Dropbox? I've waited a couple days for it to catch up to me and it's not letting me add anything else. I've also rebooted my computer and I've logged out and back into my account in Dropbox. Will I ever be able to use it again without upgrading to Business?

4 Replies 4

Re: My Dropbox account is telling me it's full when I cleared out a ton of files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, is it possible you’re a member of a shared folder, which could be pushing your account overquota?

Have you tried deleting the files directly from the Dropbox site to see if the deletion is registered on the system?

How much overquota are your seeing on the following page?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: My Dropbox account is telling me it's full when I cleared out a ton of files

New member | Level 2

Thank you, Jay! Looks like my shared data is part of the problem. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Glad to hear it! Have a great evening ahead!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

You too Jay! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?