cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: My Dropbox account was deleted by the Dropbox team

My Dropbox account was deleted due to inactivity, can I get back my referral space?

Anas1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

My account was deleted as I was inactive for over a year, and I understand that but is it possible if I can get back the space I earned through referrals to friends previously and yes, I registered with the same email address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Anas1, I hope you're well today!

To see if there's anything that we can do for you in this situation, I've reached out to your email address linked to your Community profile.

Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can take it from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Anas1, I hope you're well today!

To see if there's anything that we can do for you in this situation, I've reached out to your email address linked to your Community profile.

Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can take it from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anas1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ok 

annudawn245
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Team 

I have a similar issue , my account files  from 2014 or 15 are deleted which where there with the same email id-[email removed as per Community Guidelines] , i also got a notice for no activity in 2016 july and so i logged in to reassure i am using the account . please let me know how do i get my files back ,

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for joining us here @annudawn245!

If the account has already been closed due to inactivity, then I'm afraid there isn't much we can do regarding restoring your files.

The account would need to have an action within it just once every 12 months to be kept active. You can find out more about this here.

Sorry that I can't be of much help with this, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Meegeeq
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help, I missed the first emails and now my drop box was deleted. Can you please help? Many cute baby picturesšŸ˜”šŸ˜Ŗ
[Email address removed by moderator]

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Meegeeq wrote:

Please help, I missed the first emails and now my drop box was deleted. Can you please help?

You can try contacting Support directly, but if the account has already been deleted due to inactivity, it's unlikely they'll be able to recover it.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Udo2607
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My account was deleted, could you please reopen it.
Thanks

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Udo2607. Welcome to our community! 

As @Rich mentioned above, if your account was deleted, it is most likely not recoverable. To make sure, it is best to get in touch with our support agents directly at https://www.dropbox.com/support

Cheers

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Nasip07
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

My account was deleted as I was inactive for over a year or more, and I understand that but is it possible if I can get back the photos and files that I had in my account, the dropbox account was with the same email adress?!

Need more support?