cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox account was hacked and the password changed, how can I regain access?

Highlighted

My Dropbox account was hacked and the password changed, how can I regain access?

New member | Level 2

Hi, I recently had my Dropbox account hacked and they've changed my password so I can no longer log in. Is there a way to recover this account? I've contacted Dropbox support, spoken to two Dropbox employees and it has been back and forth for nearly two weeks now. I've been asked to supply answers to the below questions. I have responded but was unsure of 3 answers and have been asked to 'have another look' and answer again.. Not helpful and very frustrating. Can anyone help?! I'm very doubtful that many people would even know all those answers in the first place.

What is the email for the account you are trying to access?
What is the full name on the account?
When did you create the account?
What city are you currently in?
What city were you in when you last successfully logged into Dropbox?
What is the name of a file that you have recently uploaded to Dropbox?
What is the name of any person with whom you share a folder and what is the name of that shared folder?
What is the name of any linked computer?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Recovering account

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Erika482,

If You have control on Your e-mail address/box still, could may be still possible to reset the password throughout the link "Forgot your password?". Didn't You try this?

Highlighted

Re: Recovering account

New member | Level 2

Hi, yes certainly. It comes up with an error that my account is 'disabled'.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?