cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account doesn't match on the web and app

Highlighted

My account doesn't match on the web and app

New member | Level 2

Why does my app account have more space then my web account and although both have the same account name they don’t have the same files?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Accounts

Dropboxer

Hi there @Gmanzz, thanks for checking in. 

It sounds like you're logged in to two different Dropbox accounts on the website and on the app. 

Since each Dropbox account is associated with one email address, you'll have to cross-check which one you used on the web and the app. 

You can go to the General tab online to find the email you used to log in on the website. 

As for the app, could you let me know if you're referring to the desktop app or the mobile app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

They are the same email address which i thought i posted in the inquiry.  I am using the iphone app which shows a different account with different files than what i have through web online.  The web online account also has a 10gb limit while the apple account has 2gb.

Highlighted

Super User II

@Gmanzz wrote:

The web online account also has a 10gb limit while the apple account has 2gb.

You're definitely signed in with two different accounts then, which means two different email addresses. Check your Account page to see which email address is associated with the first account. Then check Settings within the app for the same. You'll likely find that the email addresses are different. Perhaps one just has a typo, so it appears similar to the other one?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?