cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account has been hacked

My account has been hacked

Ferrata90
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, i just want to ask how to get my account back, my account was hacked. I can't access to my email address to reset the password and also i'm not sure if the person already change the email address of my dropbox account. Help me there is very important thing in my account. I hope dropbox team can solve my issue asap. How to reach to dropbox team to prove that i'm the owner of the account. Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Re: My account has been hacked

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Ferrata90, thanks for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Generally, our support team might be able to assist if you had access to the email address.

Has the email address itself been affected, or just the Dropbox account? Are you able to login to your email safely?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ferrata90
Explorer | Level 3
Hi jay, my email address also was affected, i can't login both. That's why i don't know how i want to recover my account, because i don't have any two step verification for that account. Hope your team can help me solve this. Thanks

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Ferrata90!

While there might not be much our team can do, since you can't access the email address either, I'd suggest submitting a ticket with Support just in case.

To do so, please visit this page via an incognito browsing window (so you're not signed into any other Dropbox account), and fill in the relevant info under "Submit a help request".

You can let us know the ticket number you receive (eg. #1234567), so that we can pass along the info you provided here to.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?