cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is Basic but I'm paying for a subscription through Apple, how do I cancel this?

My account is Basic but I'm paying for a subscription through Apple, how do I cancel this?

Jvermeer
New member | Level 2

My son and I both have drop box basic - we have the apps on our phones and they both are basic. We have shared access to a drive (I don’t think there are two accounts.

I’m getting a monthly bill of $11.99 for Dropbox premium thru the apple store. I am the main Apple ID account but my sine has an Apple ID linked to my account via family sharing.

The apple stir charge is going to his Apple ID so I cannot see the billing details. And I’m therefore not able to cancel it. But he only has Dropbox basic - he doesn’t see this charge under his Apple ID.

So I am paying for Dropbox premium but do not have access to it. I want to cancel paying for it and cannot figure out how since there is NO WAY To access DROPBOX support - unless you have Dropbox premium - Which I AM PAYING FOR BUT NOT ABLE TO ACCES. This is completely frustrating!!!

1 Reply 1

Re: Account problem

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for posting @Jvermeer, I'm sorry to hear about that!

On your son's mobile device, can you have him try out these steps to see if the app will reflect the subscription linked with his Apple ID?

This will restore any purchases that may not be reflecting on the Dropbox account, it won't cause any charges.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?