cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My account says I'm out of space but I've perma deleted a lot of files

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have a basic account and it says my dropbox is full. I deleted a ton of files, which should create more space. Why isn't it showing that I have available space?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: My account says I'm out of space but I've perma deleted a lot of files

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Log out and then log back in. It's a bug, but it won't update/refresh your storage availability without doing this. At least, not that I've found!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You dont need to permanently delete files to get space, only delete them. Also remember shared folders use up quotas so its possible that is now eating up your space

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I was sent an invitation to view family photos. It said Your Personal drop box will run out of space if you accept. I deleted all my old photos from the dropbox and when I check, it says I have 2 MB available.

Help!

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Actually I meant 2 GB available since I am using the free dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Mike,

You need to log out and then log back in. I've had a similar problem, where deleting doesn't seem to change my available space. It seems to only refresh that once you've logged out/in again.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

And Mike it could be that even with logging in / out it won't do anything if the share is above 2gb - as thats the maximum allowed size in your account 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?