cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was closed due to inactivity & I can't locate a deletion event to work with Support.

Highlighted

My account was closed due to inactivity & I can't locate a deletion event to work with Support.

New member | Level 2

Missed notices and my account was closed, logged back in and most files deleted. Events page is showing, "no events", and I can't submit the help email to ask to recover files because the form won't accept any links from the Events page, I guess because it's showing, No Events. 

I really need some of those missing files, missed notices because on leave and some emails were rerouted...

How to even contact Dropbox for help? Don't have upgraded account that allows step-back feature.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: closed account deleted files

Dropboxer
Hey @AMauery, let’s see what can be done here! 

It looks like you’ve been able to sign in to the account at a certain point despite the inactivity email notifications, am I on the right track here? 

If so, and you couldn’t see any uploaded files or locate a deletion Event, you’d need to see whether these were uploaded on that account in the first place. Do you have more than one Dropbox accounts by any chance?

I could reach out to you directly if needed. If you confirm, I’ll create a ticket on our system for the email address connected to your Community profile. 

Keep me posted on how you'd wish to proceed in your next message. Thanks! 

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?