cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Family photos are all lost can you please help me

Super User II
Super User II

@Michael6677 wrote:
I have lost all my family photos children being born etc . Can you please help me please

If you've deleted the files within the last 30 days, you can recover them from Delete Files.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
No my account was deactivated because of no activity. I was away
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
No help yet . Please help
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Michael6677 wrote:
No my account was deactivated because of no activity. I was away

I'm afraid it's likely too late then. Once an account is deleted, neither the account nor the files within can be restored. You can try contacting Support directly, but they may not be able to help.

Highlighted

Re: recovering files from deleted account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I'm facing the same issue please help
Highlighted

My account has been inactive for 3 years. Can I restore my data somehow?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My dropbox account has been inactive for the past 3 years, and now there is no information on it. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover my data? the bot was not help and I can't find anything about it in the forums. thanks!

Highlighted

Re: inactive account

Super User II
Super User II

No, sorry. 

I assume if you go to www.dropbox.com/events it will show that actually you are using a new account - one you've recently set up. Inactive accounts are deleted after a year or so of no activity and that data is then unrecoverable. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: recovering files from deleted account

Super User II
Super User II

@ijunaidkhan 

The answer is the same I'm afraid - the files are not recoverable. 

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Deleted photos

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I’ve just logged in after 5 years and ALL photos are gone. Why is this?
Highlighted

Re: Deleted photos

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox deletes inactive accounts - although you get LOTS AND LOTS of email warnings they are doing so as per the T&C's. 

Have a look at www.dropbox.com/events and see what it says account your account etc. 

- - -

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?