cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was deleted??

My account was deleted??

poloskov
New member | Level 2

I have my Dropbox account (Professional)

And I’m freelancer. One client told me that he wants to share some photos with me. I sent my dropbox email to him. He added me to his Business team account. I receive invitation from Dropbox and there was 2 options: 1. Use my account for that and 2nd - create new one. I decided to use my account.

Later we decided to stop working. And I guess, he deleted me from his team dropbox. And now I don’t have access to all my files, to my dropbox, everything. All my personal files gone. I can’t login, I can’t recover my password to login. I don’t have access to dropbox at any devices.

How I can recover my account?

1 Reply 1

Re: My account was deleted??

Rich
Super User II

@poloskov wrote:
He added me to his Business team account. I receive invitation from Dropbox and there was 2 options: 1. Use my account for that and 2nd - create new one. I decided to use my account.

When you joined the team with your own account, you merged your account into the Business team. Basically, your account now belonged to the business and any time remaining on your Professional subscription was refunded to you.

Later we decided to stop working. And I guess, he deleted me from his team dropbox. And now I don’t have access to all my files, to my dropbox, everything.

When a team admin removes someone from a team, the account is deleted along with all content. If the intent is to return the account to the previous owner, they need to convert the account back to an individual account, instead of removing the person from the team.

In order to get the account back, the team admin will need to restore the account and then convert it back to an individual account. They only have seven days to do this from the time the account was removed from the team.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?