cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My account was disabled after deleting myself from the team

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello.

During some tests with a client (he has dropbox business) i added my personal account (account A) to his dropbox team.

Then i got an email saying my account was being invited by his account to join his team. I clicked the link to join his team and a message appeared to me asking if I wanted to use my personal account to join his team, or if I wanted to create a new account to keep my personal files separated from the files in his team.

I chose the second option, so I created a new account (account B).

Everything ok until there.

After finishing the tests, I wanted to remove my personal account (account A) from his team, so from his administrator page i clicked my account and chose to delete it from the team.

Then i wanted to log again to my personal account (account A) and now i get a message saying that the account was deleted! It says that i contact my dropbox administrator for help.

But, why???

I just wanted to unlink my personal account from his dropbox team.

I tried the page for resetting the password, but whenever i put my email (account A) i get a message saying "sorry this account is disabled"

How can i enable my personal account (account A) again?

I thought i lost all my personal files in Account A, but it turns out they were transfered to Account B (at least i didn't loose them!)

However, i want to be able to login using my personal account (account A). I tried changing the email from my account B edit setting options but it says that the email is already taken!!

Please, can anyboyd here help me out?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My account was disabled after deleting myself from the team

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @rcuzco, thanks for posting today!

I’m assuming they were on the admin’s account when you made these changes, since normal team members can’t delete themselves from the team.

If so, deleting any member means that the user will no longer be able to access their account. If this was in error, and done within the last 7 days, the admin can recover that user to the team.

This is why you couldn’t use the same email again, since it’s reserved for 7 days.

After the account is recovered to the team, you can convert the account to a personal one, away from the team. 

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @rcuzco, thanks for posting today!

I’m assuming they were on the admin’s account when you made these changes, since normal team members can’t delete themselves from the team.

If so, deleting any member means that the user will no longer be able to access their account. If this was in error, and done within the last 7 days, the admin can recover that user to the team.

This is why you couldn’t use the same email again, since it’s reserved for 7 days.

After the account is recovered to the team, you can convert the account to a personal one, away from the team. 

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

man!! you're my new hero!

Indeed I was doing the tests from the admin account.

I'm gonna try what you suggest.

Thank you very much, Jay!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Happy to have helped out, @rcuzco!

Have a great weekend. 

Jay

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?