cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was downgraded after being synced. I need to get my account back to its upgraded status.

Highlighted

My account was downgraded after being synced. I need to get my account back to its upgraded status.

New member | Level 2

Message said there was a chargeback. There was not. Dropbox still has my money. I assume this is because of syncing my old account and my new account which happened on Friday. Need my upgraded status back!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: My Account was downgraded after being synced. I need to get my account back to its upgraded stat

Dropboxer

Hi there @Kathleen4, thanks for reaching out. 

In general, if you upgraded using a direct debit payment or you don't see a chargeback on your billing, you have to contact your bank as only they can process a chargeback request.

If you want to upgrade again, you can do so from this link

However, could you clarify what you mean when you mention that you synced your old with your new account? Did you merge the two account by any chance? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: My account was downgraded after being synced. I need to get my account back to its upgraded stat

New member | Level 2
My original account was built under an email address I no longer have access to. So I created a new account under a new email address. The new account was an upgraded business account with additional storage space. I was having difficulty accessing my files through my desktop application as it had been originally built under the old email address. I contacted DropBox customer support via live chat and I was guided through the process of syncing the two accounts. All was well, until I received an email from DropBox last night stating there had been a “chargeback” and my account was being downgraded. The original account was the free account, but the new account was an upgraded business account with additional storage. Now DropBox has downgraded my account as it was synced with the original account and I’ve lost access to customer support because they’ve downgraded me AND they have been paid for an upgraded account. I have no desire to request a refund, I want my upgraded account restored!!! I’ve lost access to over 50% of my documents! I am not happy!!
Highlighted

Re: My account was downgraded after being synced. I need to get my account back to its upgraded stat

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry to hear about your frustration, @Kathleen4

Since you mention that you've been in touch with our team, could you let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that you have ongoing with a member of our team? 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?