cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My credit card is expiring at the end of the month. Can you help me update it in Dropbox?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox Plus, and I was notified by Dropbox that my credit card is expiring at the end of this month.  I am trying to update my credit card information, but I cannot find the billing page anywhere.  I clicked on Setting but the billing button is nowhere to be found.  How can I get to the billing section to update or change my credit card information.  Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Updating Credit Card

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Jimmytk, as you’ve mentioned that you can’t update your billing information through your Plan page, it makes me think that you may have purchased your current subscription through Google Play or  iTunes. If this applies, then you’ll have to change your credit card info from there Jimmy. 

Please have a look at my recommendations at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & have a wonderful Friday ahead until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Jimmytk, as you’ve mentioned that you can’t update your billing information through your Plan page, it makes me think that you may have purchased your current subscription through Google Play or  iTunes. If this applies, then you’ll have to change your credit card info from there Jimmy. 

Please have a look at my recommendations at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & have a wonderful Friday ahead until we talk again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problems as Jimmy and I DID NOT PURCHASE my Dropbox through Google Play.  Please help.  I cannot find "billing" anywhere on my mobile site or desktop site.  This is really frustrating.  I am this close to just cancelling and going with another service.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @SyFyGirl, sorry to hear about any frustration caused; I’ve now located your ticket on our system & I’ve sent you a brief message back on my end. Please have a look at your inbox & we’ll take it from there! 

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same issue - why is trying to find credit card details and plan you are on so ridiculously difficult.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Drumtreve, sorry to hear you’re facing an issue reviewing your payment details; I’ve now sent you a brief message on my end & once you reply back to me there, I’ll check back on your account specifics & further advise on your payment-specific inquiry. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks!

Jane

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
A "community" person named Jane tried to find answers but none of them worked for me. All I want to do is substitue a new credit card for an old cancelled one (and I did not use Google Play or Google Pay previously, at least.from what those accounts show me and from my own remembrance). I guess I will have to either delete pictures to get under the threshold for the free plan (which I ca do but what a pain), or else just find another service. As far as I can tell, there seems to be NO way to directly interface with a Dropbox customer service rep, at least at the individual "pay" level.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the nudge here; I’ve now made sure to send you an update on your subscription-related request @SyFyGirl; please check your inbox for my latest message. Thanks again for your ongoing cooperation!

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have similar problem, need to update expiring credit card, when I click on "update" under billing tab, I am reconnected to a tab called connections with other apps listed. Not obvious how to update, used IE and Chrome browsers, chat help distinctly unhelpful, please advise, drweiner@optonline.net

Highlighted

Re: My credit card is expiring at the end of the month. Can you help me update it in Dropbox?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same problem! I changed my credit card expiring date and in my settings I can see receipt but no invoice! Did I everything ok? I need my db and don't want to loose it!!! Do you charde my visa later or what?

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?