Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My login email is not in use anymore

Explorer | Level 3

My login email is not in use anymore and I did not change it before it was shut down. I cannot access to some of my folders anymore. ¿Shall I reopen this email to be able to get back thoses files?

Thank you very much for your help

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Re: My login email is not in use anymore

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Zaloa, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Just to clarify, are you able to access your Dropbox account under that email address at all? If you can access the Dropbox account, then you can change the email address for your account with the steps outlined here.

Otherwise, if you can't access the Dropbox account due to forgetting the password, then you would indeed need to re-activate the email address. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Daphne, thank you very much for your answer. 

It seems the email address is not the problem, it is working normally.

I really have no clue why I cannot see some of my files. ¿Is there any way to know why? 

Also I wrote 2 emails through the contact form and did not get any answer. ¿Is this normal?

Thank you. 

Zaloa

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne, 

Could those two events be the problem?Captura de pantalla 2019-09-30 a las 22.17.15.pngI cannot click on them so I cannot send them to the support team. 

Is there any way to undo those events?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

It looks like the folders were originally shared with you, meaning you aren't the owner of those folders, and you've removed your access to them. Once you've removed your access to a shared folder, there's no way to restore that access. The only way to get it back is to ask the owner to reinvite you to the folders.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Zaloa,

From what you showed us in the screenshots there, what @Rich mentioned is indeed correct and there isn't anything else I can suggest unfortunately. 

However, as you mentioned that you contacted Support for this issue, I located your tickets in our system. I was able to see that a member of our team replied back to you, did you not receive their reply? Perhaps you could check your Spam inbox just in case it was redirected there.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne @Rich 

Thank you for your help. 

The thing is that those two events say that I eliminated access to my own folder. I created the folders that are missing and this is what I do not understand, so no one can stop sharing them with me. 

Regarding the emails I sent to support I can't find any answer either in my spam inbox or my regular inbox.

Zaloa

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne @Rich 

More information on this case. 

Yesterday I read about the option the business plan offers to recover files and I started the trial. Now it seems that the folders that are missing have been deleted, how bizarre.  

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-01 a las 20.58.48.pngI am trying to restaure those folders, but I get this notice: 

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-01 a las 21.01.27.png

I am getting closer, hope I can have my information back. 

Let me know your insight about this.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Zaloa wrote:

The thing is that those two events say that I eliminated access to my own folder.

Regardless of who removed your access to the shared folders (whether you or the person that owns them), the message will always state that you removed access.

Yesterday I read about the option the business plan offers to recover files and I started the trial. Now it seems that the folders that are missing have been deleted, how bizarre.

Upgrading your account does not give you the ability to restore files that you couldn't restore previously. At most, it gives you more time to do a restore, but only for files deleted from that point on. It doesn't provide any retroactive restore abilities.

I am trying to restaure those folders ...

As your screenshots have shown, these folders were shared and your access was removed, either by you or the owner of the folders. When your access to a shared folder is removed, those folders cannot be restored. You need to contact whomever still has the folders and ask that you be invited back to them. There is no other option.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Rich , no one was sharing those files with me I created them and I shared them with another person.  How can I stop sharing my files with myself? 

What about this screenshot. It seems the files were elimated:

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-01 a las 21.01.27.png

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?