cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My referral is eligible, why?

Highlighted

My referral is eligible, why?

New member | Level 2

I invited my staff to start a new dropbox account. he started the account and downloaded the desktop version.

I did not recieve my free 500mb space. we share the same physical computer, just different username.

please advise me on how to collect the free 500mb space?

thank you 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: referral ineligible

Dropboxer

Hi @Vincent S, thanks for posting today!

Could you check the status of the referral on this page on your account?

Has the user installed the Dropbox desktop application, signed into their account, and followed the steps in this article?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

thank you for your reply...

according to your post:- 

neligible: The recipient is ineligible for the referral program.

• This may mean that the recipient has already registered an account with Dropbox, or that the recipient is attempting to register using the same computer as you.
  • If you feel this status is inaccurate double-check the email address of your recipient to try again.

I have already double checked. I have 2 team-mates, we share the same computer system. they signed in while i get 'referral ineligible' quote from 'check plan'... 

I need to know if we can appeal and 're-eligible' my 2 referees. 

Thank you

Highlighted

Super User II

@Vincent S wrote:

I have 2 team-mates, we share the same computer system. they signed in while i get 'referral ineligible' quote from 'check plan'... 

I need to know if we can appeal and 're-eligible' my 2 referees.

That's the issue. In order for a referral to be awarded, the other person needs to install Dropbox on a unique computer. You can try contacting Support directly, but it's likely too late for that referral now.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?