cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My referral space wasn't granted, why?

My referral space wasn't granted, why?

manliocastillo
Explorer | Level 4

I've made 37 referrals.  Of these, 21 have completed the process and the status shows 500MB as "Space Earned."  A few were deemed "ineligible" while others were from friends who never installed the app (shows as "Invitation sent"). 

There were three referrals that I completed this evening, with three coworkers installing and verifying their email successfully.  The status shows "Completed" but there was no actual space earned.  Can someone tell me how long I need to wait for the 500MB to be actually awarded after a referral has completed the process?

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

Re: Referral

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @manliocastillo, thanks for messaging the Community!

You should received the extra quota immediately if it shows up as completed, unless you've already reach the maximum number of 32 referrals in our system.

Could you confirm exactly how much space you've earned on this page, and any extra quota aside from referrals visible on that page?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

manliocastillo
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you - here's what I have received:

Referral:  21 x 500MB = 10.5GB

Linking with the Mailbox app: 1 GB
Follow @Dropbox on Twitter: 125 MB
Linking with Twitter: 125 MB
Linking with Facebook: 125 MB
Why you love Dropbox: 125 MB
Getting Started: 250 MB
Camera Uploads: 3 GB

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info. Please could you forward a screenshot of this page to confirm the total quota you've earned on your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

manliocastillo
Explorer | Level 4

Capture.JPG

Is this sufficient, or do you need more?  When I add up all the Space earned back to when I first opened my account, there are only 21 instances of 500 MB with the green check mark.

Jay
Dropboxer

It looks like you might already have all the earned quota available, since you can only get a maximum of 16 GB for 32 referrals. You have a total of 20.75 GB in total, so this is more than 32 referrals.

Could you attach a screenshot showing all your referrals, in order to add up the extra items which aren't referrals? Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

manliocastillo
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you - here's a screen shot of all activity:

dropbox.JPG

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the image. According to the image, you've earned non-referral quota as follows:

0.125 + 0.125 + 1 + 0.125 + 0.125 + 3 + 0.25 = 4.75 GB of extra quota. 

The total earned quota was 20.75, so removing 4.75 makes it 16 GB of referral quota, so you have already sent out the maximum number of referrals on your account. Most likely some of the referrals are not showing up on that page.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

manliocastillo
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, that is helpful.

Is there a reason why I still see the message:

Jay
Dropboxer

We appreciate the feedback about the referrals page notice, and will advise the appropriate team regarding this matter. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    manliocastillo Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?