cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My space expires, but can I use my account?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I received an email which says that my dropbox basic expires on 16.01.2016, I am just 280MB can continue to use normally dropbox? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: storage space

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Giorgio, 

If your space is reduced you can of course continue using Dropbox. 

If your account is over quota at the time of the expiration of the additional space, syncing will stop and you won't be able to add new files until you upgrade again or bring the account under quota. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Giorgio, 

If your space is reduced you can of course continue using Dropbox. 

If your account is over quota at the time of the expiration of the additional space, syncing will stop and you won't be able to add new files until you upgrade again or bring the account under quota. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I would like to upgrade but1 tb is far to much for my needs - Would I be able to be quoted for a 500gb account?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Would I be able to be quoted for a 500gb account?

No. Dropbox offers no plans smaller than 1TB. They have trialed smaller plans many times in the past and found that they lose money on them.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

That really is a shame for the basic home user - Thank you for your reply

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Remember that Dropbox has increased the storage capacity several times over the years, without ever increasing the cost. A Pro account used to be 50GB, then 100GB before being upgraded to the 1TB that it is today. After each upgrade the cost has remained $9.99/month or $99/year.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I do agree that Dropbox offers a very good service and I would recommend them to anybody,

I have used them for about 10 years, which is why I would rather give Dropbox my money than Goggle/Onedrive

500gb is more than enough for my usage - I have a total backup need of 35gb

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?