cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mysterious credit card charge, no response from help form

Explorer | Level 4

A year ago we cancelled our subscription. Last month a credit card transaction appeared. The account charge lookup tool produced no hits. The "contact us" form is supposed to respond within 72 hours, but now a week has passed. Are there other ways of contacting Dropbox?

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Mysterious credit card charge, no response from help form

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Digital80816, sorry to hear that. 

Due to account-specific info required to investigate this matter, I'd recommend moving this discussion to email. 

As such, I was able to locate your support request and have passed your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this matter for you.

I can see that they have replied to you, so please check your inbox for their latest message and don't hesitate to get back to them with any further info or queries you may have. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for your reply Lusil! You said "inbox," but I'm not seeing any correspondence from Dropbox either via email or the browser interface. Where do you see this? Thanks again.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @Digital80816.

If you don't see it in your inbox, could you please check your Spam folder? 

You can also track the ticket's progress at http://dropbox.zendesk.com.

Nonetheless, if you still don't find a reply from our Support team, I'd be more than happy to send you one to your Community-associated email address.

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Is it possible the email went to the email address associated with the account? That email is defunct, and I requested in my message to be contacted by a different email address. Could you check the help message thread and see if it went to the email requested? I imagine this community username is associated with that same defunct email.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

For security and privacy purposes, we can only reply to the email addresses associated with the Community profile. 

You can check the email address connected to your Community profile by clicking on the Dropbox logo that's on the top left corner of this page and going to your Settings page

If you don't have access to this email, I'd recommend contacting our Support team via this link from an incognito/private browser and entering an email address that you do have access to and can respond from.  

From there, you can send me the ticket ID (which is a 7 digit number, eg. #1234567) and I'd be more than happy to assist. 

Thanks in advance, @Digital80816.

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your time, Lusil. I opened an incognito window, filled the form and hit submit. No ticket ID was displayed. (Screenshot attached.)

Grey, no ticket #.PNG

This is the same form I filled out previously. I filled it with the email I have access to before I tracked down the Dropbox login (read: I wasn't logged in, no need for incognito browser.) I realize I didn't affirm before, there's nothing in my spam folder. I'm glad to resolve this eventually, although the community is kind of a roundabout way to deal with this, don't you agree? Is there any other route?

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Ha-HAH! Ticket ID emailed to me: #9650040

Thanks so much for providing support, @Lusil.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Awesome work, @Digital80816! I was able to locate the ticket and replied to it.

Please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?