cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a refund for an accidental charge

Highlighted

Need a refund for an accidental charge

New member | Level 1

I accidentally upgraded to Business Pro, and I immediately cancelled the plan.  But I still got charged for $99 without any refund. 

I was trying to contact dropbox.  I can't find a customer services phone number or email to contact dropbox. 

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I want a refund

Super User alumni

https://www.dropbox.com/support Is the official contact method, as email offers no real tracking ability of correspondence. 

Please include a link to this topic so they can close it once your ticket has been answered etc. 

View solution in original post

244 Replies 244
Highlighted

Dropbox for Business Refund

New member | Level 1

My Dropbox for Business trial ended yesterday, and after being charged on my credit card, I canceled it. It got barely a day of use. I already deleted all the files that I uploaded when the trial started. What is the refund policy for DB for business? Am I eligible for a full refund, since the trial ended less than a day ago?

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox for Business Refund

Super User II

believe refunds are only available for 24 hours after purchase. Therefore you need to contact support NOW to ask for a refund as per T&C's. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

Depends on your country, ours has a 28 day cool off for anything over the inet.

Highlighted

Super User II

The UK has a 14 day one as well, but, it does not apply to Business purchases. 

Obviously not sure about the Oz/NZ sider though 

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Ours is different also for personal and businesses, however that's who purchases not what is purchased, companies have run foul of that already here, saying they only sell to business, and then having to refund anyway when they cant show the person buying was a business.

Highlighted

Super User alumni

https://www.dropbox.com/support Is the official contact method, as email offers no real tracking ability of correspondence. 

Please include a link to this topic so they can close it once your ticket has been answered etc. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super User II

Also, please note that as per the T&C's you've agreed to refunds are not offered unless they legally have to. 

- - -

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi André, 

We don't provide refunds for Dropbox for Business accounts. This is outlined in our Terms of Service. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

£660 was deducted from my account and I have no idea why????

I can't seem to talk to anyone - there is no contact number

This is really upsetting

I would appreciate someone from Dropbox to get in contact with me

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?