cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Refund

Need a refund of a yearly plan to change it to monthly

Wouter0301
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I accidentally purchased a yearly subscription in stead of a monthly subscription. I live in the European Union, therefore I can get a refund. How do I go about it and what information would I need to share?

31 Replies 31

furniturePM
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The same thing just happened to me, I was researching dropbox for my company and somehow charged to my personal paypal $750.00. We will likely move forward with dropbox but at my company's expense, not mine. How did this happen? 

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@furniturePM wrote:

The same thing just happened to me, I was researching dropbox for my company and somehow charged to my personal paypal $750.00. We will likely move forward with dropbox but at my company's expense, not mine. How did this happen? 

When a trial hits the end of its trial time, it converts over to a paid team account, as noted during the sign up process. When the trial for the Business account was set up, you entered the Paypal info, as we can only use whatever billing system that you provide when the trial is created (We can't, for example, assume that your personal account is the same payment system, so we have to ask on each account created) 

I see that the refund has been issued already, so you should have everything back in place shortly, and apologies for the surprise. 

Cottam0089
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Rob_Cash wrote:

@furniturePM wrote:

When a trial hits the end of its trial time, it converts over to a paid team account, as noted during the sign up process. When the trial for the Business account was set up, you entered the Paypal info, as we can only use whatever billing system that you provide when the trial is created (We can't, for example, assume that your personal account is the same payment system, so we have to ask on each account created) 

I see that the refund has been issued already, so you should have everything back in place shortly, and apologies for the surprise. 

I had a big surprise too Rob, wheres my refund from this horrible company. 6 days now i have been waiting for a "Senior Support agent" from a thread created on here, on top of waiting since the 16th of October in a open support ticket which is being completely ignored and your company has ZERO complaint process on top of its awful support system.

petra23
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I am having a very similar problem, and it seems we are not the only ones. They charged me $750 for a business account w/ 5 licences! I don't need a business account and would never intentionally purchase a bunch of licenses. I thought I purhcased a simple indivudal upgrade for $12.50/mo. 

I'm so upset- it is so much money!!

petra23
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I hope Dropbox will refund me, too! I'm really glad to hear this. I'm a single professional working mother with so much going on, I can't afford this and can't afford the time to fight a big company for a refund either.

petra23
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I just learned this happened to me, too. I was charged $750 for a business account with 5 licenses. I never wanted any of this. Perhaps I clicked the wrong thing, but I can't imagine how? I intended to upgrade to a simple individual account with an extra 2GB of space for $12.50. They are refusing to refund me.

santoshbodkestf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I accidentally purchased a yearly subscription in stead of a monthly subscription. I live in the European Union, therefore I can get a refund. How do I go about it and what information would I need to share?

jack999
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
This is the worst company I ever dealt with there community boards looks like it was created by a 5yo and there chat service is even worse.. Dropbox is a broken product and dosent integrate with gmail or iPhone well... I will never recommend this garbage to any of my clients again.

furniturePM
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It took a lot of clicking but I managed to find where to cancel my trial and request a refund. 

It was a lot easier than i thought and the $750 is back in my account. 

You really have to look for where to do this in your account settings. 

Savilion
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

$300 charge to MY ROOM mates paypal (no idea how that happened). No recipts or invoices in my billing section(or my roommates) , no notifications . I use the app for the majority of the time so I didnt even know I had a business account , CLEARLY didnt set it up because its still on the "whats your company name " page . annnnnd Dropbox refuses to give me my money back .

I don't own a business , I m struggling as it is .  I feel like I m being bullied by a corperation . Not cool

I would have stayed with dropbox for another 20 years if they just would have give me back my money...sad

Need more support?