cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a tip for choosing a Dropbox plan

Highlighted

Need a tip for choosing a Dropbox plan

New member | Level 2

Greetings everyone! Hope you are having a good day and may assist us with figuring out a fair Dropbox plan.

We are a small team of 4 people that share a lot of projects together and need access to: 1) shared folders; and 2) private folders.

There is a 'try for free' business account of Dropbox that many people use in which users get their own folder. Business account by default grant access to only 3 people with every additional users fee. Unfortunately that plan isn't working for us. (btw is there any way that one can put some sort of restriction (possibly a password?) on such folders so nobody could access it?)

The simplest way out be just to share folders with free accounts, but this also doesn't work for us, because of its 2 GB limit per user (and shared folders could sometimes scale up to 1 TB, which for some reason take space of each user).

We are desperate for any plan that may work for such situation with a sync technology being active. Please help us! We are really fond of Dropbox service and cant go through leaving it for any other clouds out there <3

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Need a tip for choosing a Dropbox plan

Dropboxer

Hi there @Bryan_Williams, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community - I hope you're having a lovely day as well!

In general, all Dropbox accounts can sync, have regular/private folders, and add/create shared folders.

Since Dropbox Business isn't what you're looking for, you can have a look at our Dropbox Plus and Dropbox Professional subscriptions. You can also compare these plans, here

As for restricting access, I wanted to note that only those added as members to shared folders can have access. However, with Dropbox Professional, there are additional permissions you can set for shared links, such as setting passwords and expirations dates.

If you have any other questions, just give me a nudge here. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?