cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to change my phone-number that is not in use anymore !

Need help to change my phone-number that is not in use anymore !

ehoegsveen
New member | Level 2

Hi!

I've tried to reach Dropbox customer service 2402402402 times, but they never respond - and are not interested in helping!

I CAN use my username (email)

I CAN my password.

BUT! I have changed phone number, so when I try to log in - I will get a code sent to the old number that is NO LONGER OR IS IN USE!

I just need someone from support to change my phone number !!!!!

A long time ago I was told that if the account was inactive for 1 year and 90 days, then it would be automatically deleted - something it has NOT been done !!!

I NEED HELP AND ACCESS TO DROPBOX DUE TO JOB, ASAP

4 Replies 4

Re: Need help to change my phone-number that is not in use anymore !

Rich
Super User II

@ehoegsveen wrote:

I have changed phone number, so when I try to log in - I will get a code sent to the old number that is NO LONGER OR IS IN USE!

You'll need to use the emergency backup codes you were given when you activated two-step authentication. WIthout them, there won't be a way to access the account unless you have another active device already linked to the account.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @ehoegsveen, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Since you mentioned already reaching out to the Support team, can you let me know your most recent ticket number(s) (eg. #1234567), so I can check on this from my side?

Also, have you tried any of the steps outlined here?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ehoegsveen
New member | Level 2
Hi, @Daphne

I don`t have the ticket number, but you can search after my email: [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

I have tried all steps! I KNOW MY USERNAME! I KNOW MY PASSWORD - BUT I CANT LOG IN BECAUSE OF AND OLD NUMBER THAT NOT ARE EXCIST ANYMORE OR IN USE.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @ehoegsveen, as it sounds like you're using two step verification, in general, if you don't have access to the phone number in question, then it won't be possible to access your Dropbox account.

Did you try the steps my colleague @Daphne suggested? Do you have your emergency backup codes saved elsewhere to login to the account?

Since it's an old number, is it possible to get it temporarily reactivated to help you login to the account again?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?