cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with an account linked with my old inaccessible Google play account

Need help with an account linked with my old inaccessible Google play account

Cashuntingangel
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I was trying to contact Dropbox support directly but had no way to do so. I have tried to access my drop box account that was linked with my old (German) Google play account, as it keeps getting billed monthly and I was trying to delete the current subscription. If anyone has any ideas of how to handle the situation ..

Thanks I advance!

7 Replies 7

Re: Need help with an account linked with my old inaccessible Google play account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Cashuntingangel, thanks for checking in with us. 

If you're having trouble accessing your Dropbox account, could you let me know where the issue lies?

For example, are you getting any error messages?

Also, could you let me know if you remember upgrading your plan via Google Play?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Need help with an account linked with my old inaccessible Google play account

Cashuntingangel
Explorer | Level 3
Hello, thank you so much for getting back to me!
I have tried using my email address that used to be linked to my old Google play account (which is the one I'm using right now) but when checking the subscription plan it doesn't show an upgraded version, if that makes sense?

And yeah, I have. I think I've signed up for the free trial and then never gotten around to cancelling that. But am still getting charged for it. I've tried fixing it through Google play, but they couldn't help me, since I simply can't log into my Google play account for some reason. So I was hoping it was possible to solve it through Dropbox itself.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @Cashuntingangel

It does sound like you may be getting charged for another account, but due to sensitive information that may be necessary to further investigate, we'd need to continue via email. 

Could you go to this link, via an incognito window, without signing in, and submit a Help Request?

Once you do that, let me know the ticket ID so that I can pass your comments along to the member of my team who'll be reviewing this for you. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Cashuntingangel
Explorer | Level 3
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much for your help so far. I have tried going through that link just now (through the incognito tab) but when selecting the payment method (Google Play) it just gives me advice as to how to request a refund or cancel the subscription through the Google Play App.

Thanks again!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Could you try submitting a Help Request by selecting a different payment method in the list shown?

Let me know how it goes. Thanks again, @Cashuntingangel!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Cashuntingangel
Explorer | Level 3
Hello again!

I was able to submit one using the visa option.

The ticket number is: 11426407

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for the late reply.

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info, we can see that an agent has replied to your message there.

Please try the steps they've provided and reply to them if you have any further questions.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Cashuntingangel Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?