Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lily G.2 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am not happy with Dropbox and would like to terminate the service but just found that I was charged $99 without notifying me.  Would like to request for refund.

19 Replies 19

Re: Need refund for payment charged

Super User II
Super User II

Unfortunately as per the T&C's you signed up to Dropbox does not offer refunds. It offers a fully functional free version to use to make sure its suitable - one you can use without needing a credit card. The only way it can charge you is if you actively go and give Dropbox that info. 

You can stop future charges at www.dropbox.com/plans

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

abdul m.5 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Support

Super User II
Super User II

Support

www.dropbox.com/support

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

John S.186 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

My checking account was just charged $750.00 and I did not

do much business with this account. I have used Dropbox  once in past year

and it was a couple of months ago.

I need to speak with someone in Dropbox billing but you do not offer a telephone

number so I can talk with someone. I really need some help at Dropbox

but having tough time. The $750 caused an overdraft on my account.

I need the $750 reimbursed as I do not use Dropbox

I need to speak with someone at Dropbox. Desperate....

Super User II
Super User II

John - you have set up a Business Account which you agreed to those charges. Also, Dropbox does send emails before charges happen so it isnt a 'shock'.

Unfortunately I dont think there is anything you can do other than stop future charges and possibly try and speak to Dropbox via www.dropbox.com/support

- - -

Alex M.59 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I wanted to signup for the $9.99 per month and it defaulted to the $99 for the year. I didn't want to pay $99... I wanted the $9.99 per month instead.  Can you please change my account to the $9.99 NOW (not a year from now) and credit me the $99 that you just charged my card?  I only want to do the $9.99 per month.

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox only charges what you request it does I'm afraid. 

Again, this is a user supported forum so you need to contact and ask if this is possible. 

In the mean time you can swap to monthly at www.dropbox.com/plans

- - -

Yamilka H. New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Dropbox is a scam. I see people here with problems similar to mine: I never authorized Dropbox to upgrade my account to Pro, and just discoverer that they have been charging my credit card for $9.99 a month since forever!! I never gave them that credit card number, they probably got it from my Play Store account. I don't use this shitty service and they have been charging me for it!! That's called "stealing".
And don't give me that bullcrap about me giving them authorization and credit card info; I didn't.
I want my money refunded and this scam to end. One could tell it's a scam when the so called company doesn't provide a meaningful way to get in touch with them. Even the "help" option is useless. They need to refund my money and stop [censored] charging me. I see all those other people here asking for help nicely, and they all get the same shitty answer: they can't get a refund, and instead have to accept a credit to use this crappy service. But I'll tell everyone about this, including the BBB and a journalist friend. I'll post it in social media and let the world know. The [censored] are enriching themselves by doing this to unsuspecting people.

Super User II
Super User II

I never authorized Dropbox to upgrade my account to Pro, and just discoverer that they have been charging my credit card for $9.99 a month since forever!

Then how did they get your credit card information? The only way for Dropbox to charge your card is if you or someone else with access to that information gave it to Dropbox. Without accurate payment information, Dropbox cannot charge you.

they probably got it from my Play Store account

Again, only if you gave it to them. Dropbox CANNOT charge you without you going through the process of upgrading your account. It's simply not possible.

And don't give me that bullcrap about me giving them authorization and credit card info; I didn't.

If you didn't, then someone did. Look on the Payments page for transaction information.

I want my money refunded and this scam to end.

Dropbox is not a scam. Dropbox does not issue refunds unless they are required to legally (meaning, you live in a country whose laws require a refund be granted).

One could tell it's a scam when the so called company doesn't provide a meaningful way to get in touch with them.

Sure they do. Just contact support and open a ticket. Business customers also have access to phone support.

They need to refund my money and stop [censored] charging me.

Please refrain from using such language here or your account could be suspended.

Once again, Dropbox is not able to charge your unless you or someone with your payment information gave that information to Dropbox. They cannot just upgrade someone's account on a whim and start charging them.

As this is primarily a user supported forum and we're unable to assist with account or billing related issues, you'll need to open a ticket to get any additional information.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?