cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Change account name

Highlighted

Need to Change account name

New member | Level 2

I'm a member of a company dropbox account, and the company is defunct. How do I change the name of my account so it doesn't read the old company name and continue to add files to my account. I'm paying for it so it's my account right? AND...

I hate its taken me 15 minutes to figure out how to get HELP and contact ANYONE. That you don't take phone calls is poor business relationship. I'd tell you you suck but you'd burn my account. But you do.  Get it together. Not everyone had time to chase HELP all over the internet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need to Change account name

New member | Level 2

So these forums are different than the support team. Just users trying to help each other out. I think there are Dropbox moderators in here also trying to help.

That said, if you are paying for the account you are likley the account administrator so you should be able to manage the account entirely.  If not, and you are trying to keep dropbox functionality without the previous company users, I'd suggest you create a new account with dropbox, point it at your old dropbox folder, then cancel your billing on the old company account.  Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hi there @KBDR

Initially, you can check out more relevant steps here on how to change your username and this article if you want to change the team name

Furthermore, all Dropbox customers can reach Dropbox Support over email and tech support over the phone is currently offered to Dropbox Business teams on an Advanced or Enterprise plan. 

Finally, you can check out the support options and expected response times for your plan in this link. If you’re not sure what subscription your account is on, just navigate to your Plan tab

Hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Did you receive my reply via email?

Again, no I don't need to change my username or team name so not the right suggestion. I see often your support staff make suggestions that aren't best answers to questions, you just suggest something similar. Reading the specifics of our questions would be most appreciated and save time.

I have deduced on my own after much grief that if I'm not the account admin this can't be done. If you would make that clear it would save time. Instead you say, "the account manger can change names". How about ONLY the account admin can, the rest of you are out of luck".

All this wasted time and frustration. If you would have someone live to talk to this would alleviate this. New technology in a new era is not always best practice.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

So these forums are different than the support team. Just users trying to help each other out. I think there are Dropbox moderators in here also trying to help.

That said, if you are paying for the account you are likley the account administrator so you should be able to manage the account entirely.  If not, and you are trying to keep dropbox functionality without the previous company users, I'd suggest you create a new account with dropbox, point it at your old dropbox folder, then cancel your billing on the old company account.  Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?