Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Need to change billing country

Explorer | Level 4

My DropBox account opened by mistake with Belgium instead of USA.

I am trying to change that without success. If I close the account I need to start from scratch and

may have to pay the annual cost again.

I contacted the Support Team, They acknowledged the receipt of my email.

Can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need to change billing country

Super User II
Super User II
You dont need to 'start again', however, you need to downgrade at www.dropbox.com/downgrade and wait for your plan to expire before reupgrading again at www.dropbox.com/plans

I know that its a pain BUT that is the only way to do it - and the way support will tell you to do it.

In terms of your ticket replies take a few days, but, can be tracked at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
You dont need to 'start again', however, you need to downgrade at www.dropbox.com/downgrade and wait for your plan to expire before reupgrading again at www.dropbox.com/plans

I know that its a pain BUT that is the only way to do it - and the way support will tell you to do it.

In terms of your ticket replies take a few days, but, can be tracked at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you!!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Remember that if you have any features that you're grandfathered in to (a feature that no longer exists for new accounts which you still have because it was available when you subscribed), you will lose it by downgrading and upgrading.

Examples of such a feature would be unlimited version history, password protected or expiring share links, etc. If you downgrade, you'll lose them.
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

What? So now I would need to invest in an external hard drive to make sure I don't loose all my file on my drop box account?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, @pstrucks

Initially, please note Dropbox doesn’t delete your files. Having said that, if you’d like to find out ways on how content on your account may get deleted, I’d kindly recommend checking out this article

Finally, if you’ve got a paid subscription, you can find out here more details as to what happens when you downgrade. 

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to get back to us. Cheers! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?