cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need to change password but email no longer in use

Need to change password but email no longer in use

purbeckwalker
New member | Level 2

Hi, I am told that the Dropbox password on my other account has been compromised and I need to Reset it.

However, the email address I use as the login ID is no longer accessible to me so it tries to send and Reset information there, therefore I cannot get out of the loop.

Any ideas and help appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @purbeckwalker,

Can't you set an actual email and then reset the password?

🤔

purbeckwalker
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Any other email you specify has to exist on Dropbox and if I specify the one for my other Dropbox, it sends a Reset for that email, not the one I need to Reset.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

🤔 I didn't told you create other Dropbox account! Yes, if you just specify another email with other Dropbox account you will get exactly the same you have described. Even more, you can NOT set email to your old account, which is already assigned to other Dropbox account! You have to erase any unintentionally created account to be able reset assigned email in the old Dropbox account to particular email; otherwise the email will be rejected. Only emails, has not assigned to any Dropbox account, are usable for reset! Just get in your account settings and replace the existing email there with another one NON assigned yet, using "Edit" next to the current one!

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?