cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need to change the email address of my account - but its already linked to a full DB account

Need to change the email address of my account - but its already linked to a full DB account

New member | Level 2

HELP!!

1) I use a personal DB account linked to my old (non-gmail) email address. However, that email address is no longer valid or functional.  All my files are in this account and I use it daily.

2) I used to use a DB account linked to my gmail address. I stopped using that account long ago because it was full, I didn't want to upgrade, and I think I didn't even remember I had it when I set up my current DB account. 

3) I need to change my current DB account so that it is no longer linked to my old (non-gmail) address that is no longer functional, so that it will now be linked to my gmail address. I realize that probably means wiping out that old account - and that's fine.

4) whatever I do, I DONT want to lose whats in my active DB account.

What do I do?

1 Reply 1

Re: Need to change the email address of my account - but its already linked to a full DB account

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Fred_R1,

Take a look here. :winking face: Don't forget that only email, not assigned yet, can be used as a new!

Hope this helps.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?