cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change the email address of my account - but its already linked to a full DB account

Need to change the email address of my account - but its already linked to a full DB account

Fred_R1
New member | Level 2

HELP!!

1) I use a personal DB account linked to my old (non-gmail) email address. However, that email address is no longer valid or functional.  All my files are in this account and I use it daily.

2) I used to use a DB account linked to my gmail address. I stopped using that account long ago because it was full, I didn't want to upgrade, and I think I didn't even remember I had it when I set up my current DB account. 

3) I need to change my current DB account so that it is no longer linked to my old (non-gmail) address that is no longer functional, so that it will now be linked to my gmail address. I realize that probably means wiping out that old account - and that's fine.

4) whatever I do, I DONT want to lose whats in my active DB account.

What do I do?

1 Reply 1

Re: Need to change the email address of my account - but its already linked to a full DB account

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Fred_R1,

Take a look here. 😉 Don't forget that only email, not assigned yet, can be used as a new!

Hope this helps.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?