cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change the email on my account but created a new account for the email I want to use. Help?

Highlighted

Need to change the email on my account but created a new account for the email I want to use. Help?

New member | Level 2

Changed my email so tried to sign on to dropbox with old email but for got password so they sent a reset to old email but unable to retrieve it....so I created a new account with dropbox with new email but pics are not there of course so somehow signed in to dropbox through google then I could edit my address but now it says account already taken.....do I delete my old account but wouldn't all pictures go bye bye or do they go to new email acct?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Need help changing my email

Super User II

@khusslein wrote:
... so somehow signed in to dropbox through google then I could edit my address but now it says account already taken

That's because you registered a new account with that email address. Each Dropbox account requires a unique email address.

do I delete my old account but wouldn't all pictures go bye bye or do they go to new email acct?

If you delete the old account, the account and all the files in it will be deleted, without the ability to recover them. If you want to use the new email address on your old account, you'll need to either change the email address on new account to something different, or delete the new account so your new email address is available for use on your old account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?