cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to contact support and change the mobil nr.

Highlighted

Need to contact support and change the mobil nr.

Explorer | Level 3

I cannot Enable two-step verification because I was in a team and I shoosed to go out from that.

The adm in the team had anabled her two-step verification, so when I try to activate my two-step verification now, her numer are showing up, And I tryed to send to my number.

I need help, and I hope that you will do

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Need to contact support and change the mobil nr.

Dropboxer

Hello @Dag4, I hope you had a great weekend!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you still part of the Business team, or was your account converted back to a personal account?

Also, when you go to try and change the phone number, is the two step verification already enabled with this number, or is it just entered already when you try and set it up?

If it's enabled and set up already, can you disable the two step verification and try enabling again to see if you can change the number then?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks  Daphne, I had a great weekend
(hope you also had a great weekend )

Im not a part of the Business team, I left it. (I was supposed to start a business with a person this summer and I chose to qiute right before the contracts was signed).
So im sure that my account was converted back to a personal account, when I left the team.

Two-step verification are of.

I cant turn it on.

Im not able to change the phone number, the phone number are not visible in my personal account. Its not a tekst there with that says anything about a phone number.

The two step verification was enabled with the person that I was suposed to cooperat with this summer, on her account, not mine.

I tried to turn on the two step verification earlier this summer when I still had the plans to co-operate with her, I it was failing also then. Now when Im not a part of the team I want to activate my two step verification

Yes, it is just entered already (with her phone number) when I try to set it up (just as it was earlier this summer).

I can not disable the two step verification because its not turnd on in my "personal account page".

and I cant change the number, its not visible to me. Where do I find it?

I hope that you can helo me, and have a nice day

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Dag4!

It does sound rather strange what you're seeing there, could you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing when trying to enable the two step verification?

Please just make sure to remove any personal info, in this case to just blur out the phone number. The visual of the rest of the page would be quite helpful though.

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne 

I took some print screens pic.

Yesterday I did not get any verification code, but I got it today

Just befor I was going to agree and click next (the last pic) her numer showed up again..

My numer ends on 46, her number ends on 45.

So Dropbox has registraded her number in summer on my profile (I did not do that), when we was in the same team (maybe as a mistake or error in dropbox), and she wil not talk to me anymore since I left and did not schose to co-operate....

So Since her number show up as a back up number I was not able to finnish the anabeling of the two way verification.

Skjermbilde 2020-11-16 202742.pngSkjermbilde 2020-11-16 203223.pngSkjermbilde 2020-11-16 203437.pngSkjermbilde 2020-11-16 203655.pngSkjermbilde 2020-11-16 203908.pngSkjermbilde 2020-11-16 204355.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for those screenshots @Dag4!

The backup phone number is optional, so you should be able to skip this step. 

Are you able to delete the number that's already entered there? 

It may be that if you had this enabled previously that the numbers remained there as a suggestion to make the process a little quicker.

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne 

I hope we can end this chat as soon as possible.

Are you a super user?

This problem occurred when I was about to start a business with another person who created a team, which I joined.

I have never enabled two-way verification.
And I have never stored any phone number in dropbox pages.

This should be done correctly, and I will not postpone the problem to another time. I will solve this now.

In my opinion, there is an error in the Dropbox system that has caused her number to remain on my private dropbox account.

Where on my personal page can I find my stored phone numbers?
If I can not find my own or her number there, then I need the help of support.

If you are not able to clean up this, then I will consider not creating a business account at drop box, I do not have the time left over to spend on such a simple problem as this.
I will start a business in the future, when the time is right. (and then I will consider the platform I will use).

Dropbox's plan is guaranteed to go faster the next time you verify.
But this time it's a problem.

I did not activate the two-way verification, and did not save any number.

Now I can not complete the two-way verification.

cut and paste:

"Enable two-step verification
Backup phone number (optional)

If you lose access to your primary security code source, we can send them to your backup mobile number instead.

...... 345 (phone number)
While this step is optional, we encourage you to set up a backup phone number in case you lose your mobile phone or are otherwise unable to receive your security code. "

NOW I switched to my number which ends at 46 and got this message:

"You can not use your primary phone as your backup"
Do I need to have a back up phone number?

I can not complete two-way verification because the number ending in 45 is stored on me (as a back up phone number). This is a bug in Dropbox's system.

Pleace delete that number, or put me in touch with someone who can solve this problem.

Or show me where I can find the phone numer and so I can delete it myself

Have a nice day

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm a member of the Dropbox Support team here @Dag4.

It does sound like a very strange situation, and since we can't look into any account specific info here on the Community, I'd suggest creating a ticket with our Support team.

To do so, please visit this page via an incognito window (so you're signed out of Dropbox) and fill in the info under "Submit a help request".

This will just make sure it gets to the right team to handle your request.

If you have any trouble creating a ticket, let me know and I can assist with this from my side.

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?