cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete former employee's dropbox account but she logged in with Gsuite

Highlighted

Need to delete former employee's dropbox account but she logged in with Gsuite

Explorer | Level 3

I've shared all her folders to others in the church, but I need to delete her account as she was the owner. But she logged in with her Gsuite account so when it asks for a password to delete, there isn't one. I even trie her mail password but that didn't work. 

13 Replies 13
Highlighted

Re: Need to delete former employee's dropbox account but she logged in with Gsuite

Dropboxer

Hi @ChurchITperson, thanks for messaging the Community!

Is this former employee a member of a Dropbox Business team that you are the admin of, or is it their personal account that you're trying to delete?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Need to delete former employee's dropbox account but she logged in with Gsuite

New member | Level 2

it's an individual account she started with her business email for business files

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @expiredaccount, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Have you tried resetting the password associated with the account, by any chance?

Let us know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Now we're circling back to my original question. I CAN'T reset the password, as she logged using her Google account, so there is no separate password. When it asks me for her old password in order to reset it there is nothing I can enter. That's the problem right there!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

While you can use your Google account to sign into Dropbox, you can also setup a separate password to log into Dropbox directly too at a later date @ChurchITperson.

Since it seems that you have access to the Google account, you can create a Dropbox password by using the password reset option as Lusil mentioned.

This will just allow you to create a direct Dropbox password, which you can then use to delete the account.

If you try this, are you not able to receive the reset email to the Google account?

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

No because it asks me for the OLD password in order to reset. There is no "old password" because she logged in with Google. (Again, this is what I originally tried and had the problem and that's why I'm posting)

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @ChurchITperson.

Could you try requesting the password reset by entering the account's email here instead?

This method wouldn't request a current password, so that should allow you to create the password from there. Apologies for that oversight!

Please just make sure to be signed out of the account if it does ask you for the old password during the reset.

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

That account was closed before we discovered this issue. So now it just auto-forwards to another member of staff, but I have found that when we try to do password resets from a forwarded email they usually don't work?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

So here's the thing. I've already removed what we need. We literally just want to close the account so the files aren't taking up space forever on dropbox servers. Is this something I can request the company do on our behalf?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?