cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to share video, but DB says I have not space.

Highlighted

Need to share video, but DB says I have not space.

Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox keeps telling me that my trial is over and that I should sign up to continue service. But I just paid for a subscription to Dropbox Plus. I'm trying to load and share a 106 MB video, and it keeps telling me that there is not enough space. The app is supposed to have 2 TB of capacity. What's going on? I'm about ready to cancel.Dr

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need to share video, but DB says I have no space.

Dropboxer

As the message states, your Dropbox Business trial has ended, which is why you're getting issues snycing.

Have you tried clicking the link in the message? If so, it might be related to your team downgrading to a locked state, which prevents any form of syncing until the team admin decides what to do with the team.

If this is the case, and you don't want to keep the team, most likely you'll want to disband the team using the steps in the above link.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Need to share video, but DB says I have not space.

Dropboxer

Hi @Stonebone69, thanks for posting on the Community!

Let’s look into this in a little more detail. As you mentioned that your trial finished, and you upgraded to a Plus plan, what trial just ended?

Could you forward a screenshot of what you see on the following page on your account?

Keep me posted!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Jay,

I had a trial that ended in the fall. Just two weeks ago, I paid for and started Dropbox Plus. I followed all the directions for installation, but when I tried to upload a video of 400 MB, the app said I had no space left, even after I was supposed to have 2 TB of space with Dropbox Plus. Here are two screenshots:

Dropbox 1.jpg

Dropbox 2.jpg

I need to get the video out to agents NOW! I hate the fact that you cannot call Dropbox and talk to a human being. I'm close to cancelling my subscription. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Rob Stoneback

Highlighted

Dropboxer

As the message states, your Dropbox Business trial has ended, which is why you're getting issues snycing.

Have you tried clicking the link in the message? If so, it might be related to your team downgrading to a locked state, which prevents any form of syncing until the team admin decides what to do with the team.

If this is the case, and you don't want to keep the team, most likely you'll want to disband the team using the steps in the above link.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Jay, your solution was the solution. I suspected that the ended trial might be interfering with the new subscription. I disbanded the old team and signed in with the new subscription. And it worked great. Thanks for your help!

Rob Stoneback

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Glad to have helped out, @Stonebone69!

Enjoy the remainder of your week! 

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?