cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HP 25G promotion not working.

New HP 25G promotion not working.

Jay Whitaker
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have an old dropbox account.  I bought a new HP laptop in December 2019. Just today I noticed a 25G promotion on the HP start menu. I followed all of the steps and got to my account, but the 25G was not available.  what DOES show is this

HP + DropboxHP promotion4/8/201725 GB (expired)

Seems I had a promotion 3 years ago.  How do I get my new promotional space with this new laptop?  (going thru the various steps posted here have no effect)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As you have had the promo you will need to set up a new Dropbox account and get the space on that one as per the T&C's

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As you have had the promo you will need to set up a new Dropbox account and get the space on that one as per the T&C's

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay Whitaker
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you, unfortunately that does make sense.

TL7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Mark,

Your reply conflicts the "HP + Dropbox 25 GB promotion" stated in the Dropbox website as below:

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/hp-promotion:

Purchase date Space Duration Existing or new user?

Purchased before October 23, 201525 GB6 monthsNew or existing Dropbox users
Purchased after October 23, 201525 GB12 monthsNew or existing Dropbox users

Can you please make clear on this? I am tending to buy a HP but wondering this point.

Thank you very much.

Jones.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The point Mark is making is that you can only claim each type of promotion once per Dropbox account. If you've previously had an HP device and earned a storage promotion from it, you cannot claim another HP storage promotion on the same Dropbox account, even with the purchase of a new device.

If you're trying to redeem a second HP promotion, you need to do so on a new Dropbox account.

TruongLe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Rich,

I have just successflly applied the HP 25G promotion to my current dropbox. Just wishinf Dropbox helps a little bit further, e.g. after 12 months, the free 25G will be reduced to 5 or 10G instead of completely gone.

BB24
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I cannot sign in or up as a new account on the dropbox 25gb promotion on my Hp laptop. Keeps saying can't sign in try again later. I have gone through the 2 step verification and all yet to no avail.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @BB24, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Did you try rebooting your computer or trying a different WiFi network? 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SCCSCC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I purchased a new HP Laptop.  It has an offer for free 25GB storage for 1 year.  Upon registering, it just clocks on the download and will not finish.  

??

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @SCCSCC, I hope you're well today!

Can you just clarify for me, are you having an issue with downloading the app on your computer? If possible, please send me a screenshot of where you're having trouble and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    SCCSCC New member | Level 2
    BB24 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?