cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HP 25G promotion not working.

New HP 25G promotion not working.

Jay Whitaker
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have an old dropbox account.  I bought a new HP laptop in December 2019. Just today I noticed a 25G promotion on the HP start menu. I followed all of the steps and got to my account, but the 25G was not available.  what DOES show is this

HP + DropboxHP promotion4/8/201725 GB (expired)

Seems I had a promotion 3 years ago.  How do I get my new promotional space with this new laptop?  (going thru the various steps posted here have no effect)

14 Replies 14

BB24
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Yes

SCCSCC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It simply would not download.  The account (user name and pword) were set up but the software would not complete the download for the 25GB free for 12 months through the joint HP/DropBox offer.

I removed DropBox and downloaded and it worked fine.  In doing so, the 25GB free offer was lost.  

Not too happy.

SCCSCC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I bought the laptop one week ago.

I think it is a scam from DropBox.  Neither HP or DropBox will support, pointing the finger at one another.

In the adage "three strikes you are out"...HP just got one and DropBox got two.

Bogus advertising on both sides, and bogus "setup support" from HP.

SCCSCC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This was a new DropBox account from a new promotion that came on a new HP laptop purchased 1 week ago.

Your comment is irrelevant.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your updates here!

That's rather strange indeed @BB24, to look into this further I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here. When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we can go from there if you'd like to.

We can look into this further through our Support channel too if you'd be interested @SCCSCC, I do understand that you're frustrated with the troubles your're having with redeeming the promotion.

Please bear in mind that we do need to do some troubleshooting so we have an idea of where the issue is occurring so that we can assist.

If you'd like to, let me know and I can reach out to you.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    SCCSCC New member | Level 2
    BB24 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?